SIBUR is Russia’s largest integrated gas processing and petrochemicals company. We are building a strong, internationally competitive and resilient business with unique advantages and opportunities for profitable growth.
We process natural resources in an environmentally sustainable way to produce energy products and petrochemicals demanded by manufacturers to deliver high-quality goods to businesses and consumers.
Our feedstock and energy segment activities comprise:
- gathering and processing of associated petroleum gas (APG) and raw natural gas liquids (NGLs) purchased from major Russian oil and gas companies;
- transportation, fractionation and downstream processing of hydrocarbon feedstocks that we produce internally or purchase from major Russian oil and gas companies, and
- marketing and sales of energy products, such as natural gas, liquefied petroleum gases (LPG), naphtha, raw natural gas liquids (NGL), methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE) and other fuels and fuel additives.
SIBUR derives unique competitive advantages from its extensive infrastructure. This includes eight out of a total of nine existing gas processing plants (GPPs) located in Western Siberia (including a JV with Gazprom Neft), as well as five compressor stations and two gas fractionation units (GFUs).
SIBUR haы APG processing capacity of 25.4 billion cubic meters per annum (including Yuzhno-Priobskiy GPP - a JV with Gazprom Neft) and raw NGL fractionation capacity of 8.55 million tonnes per annum.
SIBUR sells energy products on the Russian and international markets. In addition it supplies a portion of its feedstock to the Group’s petrochemicals segment for further processing into a wide range of products, underscoring the benefits of vertical integration.
Our petrochemicals segment produces and sells a wide range of products including:
- basic polymers;
- synthetic rubbers;
- plastics and organic synthesis products, and
- intermediates and other chemicals.
SIBUR has invested significantly in capacity modernisation and expansion to build a globally cost-competitive petrochemicals leader, benefiting from the Group’s feedstock advantage. It operates an extensive production base, including :
- three steam cracker facilities,
- one propane dehydrogenation (PDH) plant,
- two basic polymers production plants manufacturing polyethylene and polypropylene,
- three synthetic rubber plants manufacturing commodity and specialty rubbers, as well as thermoplastic elastomers, and
- 13 plants manufacturing plastics and organic synthesis products, including polyethylene terephthalate, glycols, alcohols, BOPP-films, expandable polystyrene, and acrylates.
Petrochemicals production capacity exceeds one million tons of basic polymers (including NPP Neftekhimia - a JV with Gazprom Neft), 572 thousand tons of synthetic rubbers and 1.1 million tons of plastics and organic synthesis products per annum.
SIBUR operates 23 production sites, has over 27,000 employees and serves more than 1,400 large customers in the energy, automotive, construction, fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), chemical, and other industries in 80 countries.