Safety of production staff
SIBUR is a supplier for the nation’s strategically important industries. In a pandemic, maintaining production continuity is now key.
While the Company’s production employees continue working as usual, all the facilities are now enforcing stricter sanitary and personal hygiene rules.
- People are tested and have their temperature measured, all premises are equipped with air purifiers, and additional disinfectants are in use.
- All the employees are provided with personal protective equipment (masks and gloves) and maintain social distancing.
Digital technologies help SIBUR keep its production processes running smoothly.
- Many facilities now issue work permits remotely using electronic signature, ensuring a fast and contactless procedure.
- The Mobile Inspections app helps identify any defects early and contributes to greater reliability of the equipment. This reduces the Company’s reliance on repairs contractors, ensuring enforcement of the lockdown measures across the facilities.
- Whenever maintenance shutdowns are required and involve external expertise, AR equipment is used to have consultations on a remote basis while ensuring a greater sense of immersion for everyone involved.
The Company relies on a variety of internal communication channels to stay in touch with its staff and quickly receive feedback.
- New online tools have been launched, including webinars hosted by executive manages and corporate newsletters covering COVID-19 developments in Russia and globally and response measures put in place. Instant messengers are used for any urgent queries.
- A 24/7 hotline is now up and running to answer any questions employees may have about COVID-19.
- The Company conducts regular pulse surveys to gauge employee sentiment.
- To support its shift workers, the Company launched a dedicated webpage offering leisure time and personal development tips and helping employees to fill their free time after work amid the lockdown.
- Ateam project was started for employees to share their impressions of shift-camp working on social media. Stories are available on SIBUR social media under the #ShiftWorkerDiary (#ДневникВахтовика) hashtag.